Did you know the training you complete at Northeast Tech could put you on the fast track towards a college degree? In a cooperative effort between the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Oklahoma Department of Career Technology Education, college credit may be earned through Prior Learning Assessments. Students who earn industry certifications while at Northeast Tech may be able to apply the certifications to college credit at participating colleges.
The benefits of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) are:
- Decrease education costs
- Accelerate time to degree completion
- Avoid course duplication
Depending on your program at Northeast Tech, your coursework may connect to an Associate Applied Science Degree (AAS) at participating in-state or out-of-state colleges. You will need to provide a Northeast Tech transcript and any certifications to the college to be reviewed for possible college credit at a reduced cost. College credit hours granted varies by college and Northeast Tech program.
- Complete 12 hours at college prior to PLA courses included on transcript
- Ask department at college for Advanced Standing/PLA for your knowledge and skills
- For Oklahoma colleges, 25% of the coursework must be taken with the degree-granting institution for the degree to be awarded
- Cost should be between $5 to $12 per credit hour (depending on the college)
- Grade neutral - Satisfactory or Passing
- Institutional assessment
- Demonstration (hands on)
For more information, contact the Student Advisor on your campus.