All students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A paper copy of the application can be picked up at any Northeast Tech campus, or students can electronically submit one through the Federal Student Aid website. Use Northeast Tech code 012473 when submitting your FAFSA.
13th Year Tuition Waiver
This tuition waiver is only valid during the year following high school graduation. Eligible students should complete the 13th Year Tuition Waiver application and submit it to your high school principal or counselor for completion. This application is not complete without a principal's or counselor's signature. The waiver will cover the cost of tuition for a maximum of 1050 hours of instruction. A $75 supply fee does apply.
Who may receive a 13th Year Tuition Waiver:
- Any individual graduating from a Northeast Tech partner school (Alternative Education included)
- Home Educated Students in Northeast Tech District
- Thunderbird Youth Academy Graduates
- Any and all Private or Church School graduates within Northeast Tech District
The award is dependent upon meeting the following criteria:
- Having at least a 2.0 GPA on your final high school transcript. (please have final transcript sent to Northeast Tech after graduation)
- Having no more than four (4) absences during any grading period during the year that the individual is attending Northeast Tech
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade average in the Career Major chosen by the student
Any student who does not meet this criteria for a grading period will be placed on probation for the following grading period. If a student violates probation the award will be revoked and the student will be responsible for the cost of completing the training.
This Foundation Scholarship application must be completed and returned with requested documentation to your Student Advisor at the campus you will be attending. These awards are need-based and only cover expenses directly related to the program of study.
- Enrolled in a career major at Northeast Tech
- Enrolled in approved certification short term course at Northeast Tech
- Have financial need determined using the Federal Financial Aid Application
- Make academic progress as stated in student handbook
- Student Services will verify enrollment and academic progress
- Candidate's application and status will be reviewed by the Financial Aid office
- Candidate will be notified if eligible
Ken Heddlesten Memorial Scholarship (Nursing Students)
Practical Nursing students at all four of Northeast Tech's campuses are eligible to apply for the Ken Heddlesten Memorial Scholarship. This application must be completed and returned with requested documentation to the Practical Nursing office at the campus the student attends. Submission dates are April 15-30 for spring semester and October 1-31 for fall semester.
- Enrolled in Northeast Tech's Practical Nursing program
- Applicants must participate in one community service event during the semester they are applying
- Applicants must attend required interview with scholarship committee